Friday, December 29, 2006

Ella

When I orginally started this blog, one of my objectives was to tell all of the hilarious stunts Ella pulled regularly. Now these were also naughty things, but once reflected on, funny. Fortunately for my sanity, she has improved immensely, but once in awhile will still resort to old habits. Shawna has one of her "comments" on her blog of Ella from Bloom Christmas. Here are two more stunts from this past week:
I think it was Christmas Eve night after we had put all the kids to bed, I realized that I had heard the bathroom sink on for quite awhile. I knew who it probably was and asked James to go and check on her (as he usually has more patience). HE did as i asked and a couple of seconds later , said, "Eryn, come up here and bring the camera" , which in our house means, she did something naughty, but we will take a picture to remind us later it was funny at the same time. So I ran up the steps with the said camera to see Ella standing on a stool in front of the sink, soaked from shoulders to head, covered in shampoo. She looked at me and smiled,"I washing my hair!" I snapped a couple of pictures before she was cleaned up and put back into bed.
Last night, we went to some friends house. They have 4 girls and my kids love playing over there. They all behave really well together , so we let them play and we play our own game. Ella came in toward the end of the evening and wanted James to come with her. James asked me to go, so I followed her and noticed she was slapping water everywhere from her socks. And then i noticed she was soaked all over. we went to the bathroom and the sink was on and overflowing EVERYWHERE!! The bathroom sink had clogged (which was probably really fun at first) and the water had nowhere to go but up and over. THe water was dangerously close to coming out into the hallway, but we had caught it just in time.
She is a handful, but we wouldn't have her any other way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you're going to share the hair-washing pictures, right??? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so cute when they are mischievous? Reminds me of another little Bloom girl I know :) (Camryn)

Rachel said...

I know! I want to see the pictures too!

One morning I woke up to hear the kitchen sink running (and boy, that is not a good feeling), and I found Ethan standing on his stool next to the sink, soaked from head to toe. The water had overflowed the sink and poured down the island cabinet, right into an electrical outlet...which was smoking! Yikes! I quickly grabbed him off the stool, just in time for the whole outlet to start popping and blowing smoke! Nothing major happened, but it scared us both. He's never done that again. :)

Eryn said...

what is it with kids and water? love the story rachel.

Anonymous said...

Could our girls be any more alike! HILARIOUS! You are going to put pics. on here aren't you???

Love that little girl...something about the name Ella! :)
Erin Moore