Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Beans About It!

Well, actually, there is....

Beany Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies

3 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups flour
1tsp. baking powder
1tsp. baking soda
1 can butter beans or northern beans, white beans, cannelloni etc with 4TBLSP reserved liquid from can
6 TBLSP butter, softened
2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs (you can substitute 2 egg whites for every 1 whole egg)
2tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips

set oven to 350.
* Lightly spray cookie sheets with oil
* In a blender/food processor blend oats till powderized, set aside
* Combine: flour, baking soda and baking powder, set aside
* In a blender/food processor, puree beans with liquid.
* Combine well the pureed beans with the butter,eggs, sugar and vanilla.
* To the bean mixture, stir or mix slowly in the flour mixture and oats.
* Stir in chocolate chips.
* Drop big spoonfuls onto sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
Yield : About 5 dozen big heaps of cookies.


I got this recipe from a lady from my church (Ashley Cade). They are delicious and noone will ever know there are BEANS in their cookies. These are virtually fat free and very healthy. I made them today and am taking them to community group. We have a dietician in our group and I am very interested in what she has to say about them. If you make them, I would love to know what you think.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thank you, Eryn. I have to try these. It may be a month or so before I get around to it, though. I love beans and finding ways to incorporate them into food.