Every year Ella asks for a new and creative cake that tests my VERY lacking creative abilities. Ok, I have none, but I do my best to make my big girl happy.
Last year, it was a "pink cake with a monkey on it". So, for days, I copied and recopied Curious George on paper and then drew it on a cake with pink icing. Not too bad.
This year, inspired by her webkins, she asked for a rhinocerous (howEVER do you spell that?)cake.

So for days and days, I scoured the internet and yes, Webkins too, to try to recreat a good rhino cake. James thought he could do better than my piddly drawings (he is the artist in the family), but finally admitted defeat. Mine were better, he said.

Then Robert, the BIL, laughed at my drawings and tried his hand at it. Failing miserably. So, we all decided to go with mine and you have seen the result, from start to finish. The verdict? James said"well...if you know what it is, you can tell it is a rhino..." thanks. Ella was thrilled however.
Can't wait to see what she comes up with next year.

6 comments:
Looks like my cakes. Sorry.
At least you tried. I would have gone to the store and bought a cheap little plastic rhino to stick on top :)
I think it's darling!!! Love it!
Like your little one, mine always think my cakes look great. It really is sweet.
Hi! i just saw this on your fb page...that cake is so cute!! and I wish I had some of it to eat right now;)
Good job, mama! BTW, I loved the message you left me. ;)
Post a Comment