Monday, November 05, 2007

DON'T SPEND IT ALL!!

I think this is what I took away from this past weekends conference in Topeka. Not the only thing, but the one that has stuck in my mind the most.As young, active couples in our church, we were encouraged to be good stewards of our wealth. Yes, wealth. Steve Price reminded us that in this country, we are all wealthy, even if we don't feel it.
Be ready to give to others when there is a need and do it anonymously, so that they are blessed in receiving it and give glory to God and you are blessed giving it and can give glory to God.
Give with a joyful heart. This really struck me, because I know I have cringed on the inside as I write my check to the church or someone else, thinking how much I needed this money, or hated to see it go. God sees the heart and I honestly do not believe He wants it if it is given with a selfish heart. He doesn't need our money, but asks us to give in order to bless others and in return, be blessed (not financially, but spiritually).
Don't worry where your money goes once you have given it. God can and will use it to His glory. Give it joyfully and finally (don't worry where it is going and what is has been spent on).
No matter how much or little you make, God can use it mightily. Praise God!
There was so much more from this weekend, but that is what God has kept on my heart for the past day.
Thanks so much to all who planned, prepared, and most importantly, prayed for this conference and those attending. The meals were delicious, and the messages were wonderful food to our hungry souls. Thanks also for all of those who gave up there houses and beds for those of us who traveled. I think Mr. Price said, "If you gave up your bed, the conference was a success." Even if only one person gave up their bed, I think the same is still true. Thanks so much for all of the hard work!

6 comments:

jenica said...

I'm glad you were encouraged this weekend. We missed being with you all.

I think we find it hard to believe that we are more blessed to give than to receive. To not give doesn't necessarily mean we will have more because we really don't have the control we think we do. And to realized that spiritual gain is what makes our lives rich. It's so hard to have a heavenly mind not a earthly mind.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

bandanachick said...

Thanks for sharing Eryn. Sounds like a good convicting time in the Word.
We MISSED being there...!

Rachel said...

I appreciated that part too, Eryn. It seemed like the messages were meant just for me; I just drank it all in.

Glad you had a good time and were challenged. We certainly were.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very uplifting weekend. It is God-timing you mentioned that because just today in BSF as we studied Matt 6; Anne spoke on giving and the heart of giving. It is not in the monetary amount it is with what motive are you giving. If it is not to God's glory it is futile. Thanks for commenting on that.

clumsy ox said...

Money's a tough one.

Caleb and Anna said...

Thanks for sharing, Eryn. We wished we could be there but are anxious to hear people's thoughts about what they learned, so I appreciate your input. -Anna