Since most of us in Bloggerland don't live close by, I thought we could still give each other a gift. Let's share something we have learned from someone whose blog we visit, whether through the blog or through knowing them personally. I'll start.
SHAWNA- Shawna has taught me to be a better hostess. She doesn't know it, but she has. She has been a prime example of a Mary, when I so want to be a Martha.I hope this comes across as the highest compliment and nothing else. She has taught me your house doesn't have to be perfect every second your guests are there. RELAX! Sit down with your company, talk with them. The dishes can wait, the bathroom is just going to get junked up again, peoples stuff sitting everywhere is not bugging anyone but YOU!
She and Rex are such examples of hospitality and what I strive for when I have guests. I know this may sound like a simple concept for some, but I struggle with keeping my house perfect before and during my guests stay, when in reality, they probably feel more welcome and at home when it is messy!(and they don't have someone trying to vacuum under their feet,....just kidding, I am not that bad, yet.)
We neve feel rushed to leave or that we have imposed or that we were a burden when we are at Rex and Shawna's. That is how I want to make my guests feel, loved, cherished, wanted, a delight to have.
So, thank you Shawna, for your example. It is a true gift for me to witness and emulate. I know Shawna would give all praise and glory to God for this gift, because truly, He is the One who she is taking her example from.
Pass it on.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you Eryn, you are so sweet. For any example I have shown, you are right the Lord gets all the Glory, well him and Rex! haha. He keeps me VERY centered on what is really important, and reminds me to not forget our goal in opening our home.
I think this gifting is a great idea. I will have to ponder what/who I should write about.
I so wish we were seeing you guys this season!
You are so right! They are a great example to me as well. I am so thankful to have married into such a wonderful family. Hope you have a very merry Christmas!
I agree. Shawna is a wonderful hostess, and I've learned a lot from her too. The Lord equips us all differently, but I love how we can learn from others.
This is a great idea, Eryn. Can we all play? :)
yes, rachel! anyone who reads this blog or others who decide to play along!
Post a Comment