Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Move Over Katie! There's Another Cutie in the Hospital.

Fortunately, she had plenty of visitors.
Daddy read her lots of books
Papa kept her untangled. (I wonder if he was remembering another 5 year old who was hooked up to one of these contraptions?)
Lots of love from mommy.
Adorable!
Can you see the infected finger? (hint, it is not the hand that is wrapped) click on the picture(if you dare!), the middle finger of the right hand is what put us in here.
The finger with the band-aid. It is starting to heal at this point.
All giggles after having the IV removed.
That first night was really rough. It took 5 nurses and 3 hours to get the IV in her.

15 comments:

Eryn said...

just wanted to clarify- we were let out of the hospital on sunday evening and are doing well at home. so far the finger is healing properly.

Shawna said...

sweet sweet girl, I am so glad she is doing better and you guys are home! what an experience!

April said...

I'm happy to see you guys are home now and I hope you finally get a chance to get some rest.

Just a warning, a common side effect from babies being in the hospital is constipation. Watch for it and talk to the dr right away if it happens to Autumn. Layla is still struggling with it 6 months later.

Rachel said...

I've been praying for you - hospital trips are so rough on little ones, especially being poked! It is so traumatic for them...and us. I don't know about you, but it about broke my heart to have to hold my own kid down while someone poked at him. Even though I'm a nurse, and have poked tons of kiddos...

She is such a cutie, regardless. So glad you're home now!

Kari said...

Oh how sad! She looks like such a little trooper though. Glad to hear that she is doing better and home now. What in the world happened?
We are praying for your entire family. What a miracle to read Katie's progress everyday.

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear your little one had to be poked and prodded. We've had TONS and I mean TONS of kids just like her this summer at work! They just keep on comin'. I'm so glad she's getting better!

Reagan said...

I've been praying for you guys! She is so cute despite her stinkin finger :)

I can't believe how large her finger got though!

Laurel said...

What a darling. That finger/hand was amazing. So glad she's doing better. When you have a chance, would you post her story? We've been praying for you all!

clumsy ox said...

That's rough on a little one.

She is certainly a cutie, though.

jenica said...

Oh goodness, poor baby! What happened to cause her finger to get infected like that? Ouch.
Her eyes - just can't get over them.

bandanachick said...

Oh how sad! I am glad she is doing better now, and you guys got to go home Sunday night.
She is such a cute patient!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Eryn! I'm so glad she's okay...that looks SO SORE! It's so cute AND sad to see her in her little hospital gown and IV! :( Glad she's better!

Anne said...

Eryn- We are so excited that you guys are home. She is so sweet. We will keep praying.

Anne Daniel

Anne said...

Eryn- We are so excited that you guys are home. She is so sweet. We will keep praying.

Anne Daniel

The Moore Family said...

Poor little girl!! Love all the pics...So thankful it's nothing worse!