But....... this recipe is awesome! My sister, Elana made it two years ago, when we had Thanksgiving in Florida with her. It is the only way I will eat green beans. Try it this Thanksgiving.
Sesame Green Beans
Prep Time: 12 minutesCook Time: 11 minutes
3 lbs fresh Green Beans, trimmed
1 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp Horseradish Sauce
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add beans. Cook 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain; refresh beans under cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Toast sesame seeds in small skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring seeds constantly, until lightly toasted and fragrant.
3. To finish beans, melt butter in pot that beans were cooked in; whisk in remaining ingredients until blended. Add beans; cook, tossing constantly with tongs, until beans are coated and hot, about 4 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds. Transfer to a serving plate.
Makes 12 servings.
Each Serving: 92 cal, 6 g fat, 2 g protein, 10g carb
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh man! thanks for reminding me! These are awesome! I made them for a couple of christmas things last year when you gave me the recipe. I had totally forgotten about them!
These are really good...I've had them like this with sm. new potatoes, but not the sesame seeds. That's great. Thanks.
Post a Comment