Monday, April 27, 2009

Dishwasher Help

Anyone know any bright ideas to fix a dishwasher? It suddenly quit getting my big items clean, and throwing food on items that did not start out with it on there. I am cleaning everything by hand and it is getting frustrating. I don't really want to call someone to come fix it and so I was wondering if there are any tricks someone knows about.

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Is it covered under warranty?

Rachel said...

hmmm...well, I milked our old dishwasher for a couple years before finally getting a new one this year. One thing you can check is the trap at the bottom of the machine (ours had a cover that was screwed on). Once removed, you can put your hand down there and see if there is anything blocking the drain (ie. large food particles, straws, etc...).

You can also buy dishwasher cleaner that you stick in the utensil caddy and run the machine while it is empty...sometimes this helps too. You can find it right next to the dishwasher detergent at places like Walmart.

Hope that helps!

Magers Family said...

I feel your pain!!!