Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hot Crab Hero

I know, I know, not a word from me in months and then two posts! Contain yourselves please. I just came back to talk about food.......it's all I think about lately.
HOT CRAB HERO
2 cans(6oz each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1 TBLSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 loaf (8oz) french bread
2 TBLSP butter, softened
4 slices swiss cheese

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Yield: 12-14 slices

5 comments:

Rachel said...

yum! sounds amazing!

Laurel said...

Mmmmm! Going to have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks muchly! I will be putting these things on my shopping list for the weekend!

Shawna said...

You know what is funny...occasionally walgreens has that canned crab meat on sale in their ad. I've been getting it and adding it to soup. I'm excited to have another way to use it!

jenica said...

Yeah, that does look yummy! I might do that for a Thanksgiving appetizer.