Monday, November 30, 2009

Reuben Braid

This is seriously good. Have you ever had a Reuben? I never thought I would like 1,000 island dressing, or sauerkraut, but it is amazing wrapped up in this easy to make braid. I love that it uses convenient crescent rolls, but I know some of you out there will just make your own bread braid......overachievers! Just kidding.

6 oz cooked corned beef, chopped, about 1 cup
1 1/2 cups (6oz) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
1 small onion, chopped
3 T Thousand Island Dressing
1 T Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dill weed
2 packages (8oz each) crescent rolls
1 egg white
1 T sesame seeds

In a large bowl,combine the first 7 ingredients. Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal perforations and seams.
Spread half of the corned beef filling down the center of the rectangle. On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips to within 1 inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling; seal ends. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Brush beaten egg white over the braids; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the loaves on wire racks for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Refrigerate leftovers. YIELD: 2 loaves (8 servings each)


This recipe feeds my family with minimal leftovers, my kids actually like it! and James loves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharingjek