Friday, August 10, 2007
Prayer
Please pray for my sister Elana and her husband, Mike. As you probably remember, they are stationed in Florida for the Air Force and she is 35 weeks pregnant. Mike's dad has cancer and is not doing well at all. Elana recently found out she has high blood pressure( in addition to a low lying placenta and she is also taking a pill to stop contractions every day) that could require the baby to be taken next week. Mike is supposed to fly down here tomorrow to spend some last minutes with his dad, return home and will fly back down for the funeral. As you can imagine, they are stressed and strained with all of this going on at once. Also for my mom, as she wants to be there for Elana and was supposed to take care of my kids next week for me, but will drive down up to Elana if needs be. Everything is up in the air and in the Lord's hands. Pray for wisdom, peace and safety for everyone involved. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Praying for you all!
I will be praying for all of you. I know how unsettling it can be to not know what the *plan* is going to be...having it up in the air. I really struggled with that the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. I had to over and over commit it to the Lord, knowing that it was all in His hands, and He would take perfect care of all of it. It was incredible to watch His plan all unfold, and obviously, it went nothing like WE had planned. Yet every need was met, even before we knew there would be a need! He is faithful!
Yes, I will pray for you, Eryn...praying right now for peace and assurance that He will take care of you all.
just an update.... elana says her blood pressure is doing well, she still has a dr appt on monday. mike is here in st louis, but spending time with his dad. he will try to come to the hospital tomorrow to see us before his flight leaves. thanks for all the prayers. i think they are feeling them.
another update-
mikes dad died today around 4:30pm. mike will be staying the week in st louis for the funeral. elana is staying with friends or having friends stay with her in florida. please pray for them as this will be a hard week being separated, elana hasnt been able to visit mr power at all and now couldnt say goodbye.
Eryn...we are praying for you guys. What a great loss...aren't you suppose to be having your baby today?
I am sorry to hear about all this sad news. I will pray for you and your family.
We hope to hear news on the birth of your little one soon.
Waiting for news... praying for your family...
I know you are super busy with your new cutie, but I wanted to know if you could send me an address for Elana and Mike. I know our circumstances around the loss of our Dads are different, but I would really like to send them a note. You can email it to me if you think they wouldn't mind. There is a link to my email address on my blog. Thanks!
Post a Comment