Wednesday, June 11, 2008

7 Random Things

I got tagged a while ago and time has gotten away from me, so I am finally sitting down to do it.

1. I hate dusting. I can stand to do almost any other housework, but I will put off dusting till the cows come home. Is it because it is time consuming? or the second you finish it looks just as dusty? or EVERYTHING in your house needs to be dusted? I don't know. I just know I can't stand to do it. Which is why my house is not dusted on a daily basis or probably even a weekly basis. Don't freak out, if I have company coming, I will do a rush job. So it does get dusted sometimes :)

2. I am allergic to dust . (hee hee) no, really, I am.

3. I was born with a hole in my heart. I was scrawny and sickly and they thought I was going to die. Then, the hole began to heal itself and all was thought to be well. At 5 years old, I became very sick again, with high fevers and double pneumonia. The hole had never completely closed and a small piece had broken off and settled in my lungs. I had open heart surgery and it was fixed. I have a 6 inch scar down the middle of my chest. I forget about it until someone asks about it. (Which isn't often because of the location :) I mention this one, because I forget about it and so most of my friends don't know .

4. James and I both grew up as camp kids. I grew up at Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp, we lived there for almost 5 years. James grew up at Kansas Bible Camp.

5. I am not a self motivater. Unless someone is helping me or really encouraging (pushing) me to get a project done in my house, I have a REALLY hard time doing it. Which is why I wait for James to come home to help me do large projects. Which is why it takes so long to do anything in our house. I have lots of great ideas and sometimes time to do them, but they rarely get done. If only thinking got things done!
6. Unlike most women, the infant stage is not my favorite. In fact, I don't like much about it. I like to look back and see how tiny they were, but the lack of sleep, constant nursing, pain at incision (C-sections), dirty house and general not- feeling -like- a- human is not fun for me. I really love from about 6 months on.
7. I am as surprised as anyone else that I want more kids. And I don't know for sure when we will stop.

8 comments:

clumsy ox said...

Hang on... you're not a self-motivator???????

Eryn said...

are you really surprised or being funny mark?

Brooke said...

I am TOTALLY with you on number 6! I felt really guilty about it for a while... it isn't that we don't love our babies to pieces, we just don't like all the other stuff that comes with it!

Rachel said...

I am with you on number 6 too, although once I'm past that stage, I definitely miss having a baby. But it is soooo not my favorite.

I didn't know you had open heart surgery - did I? I can't remember hearing that. Amazing story!

bandanachick said...

I remember hearing about your surgery, but thats probably because I lived with you in the summers and saw your scar?
I agree about #6 too...I am surprised at how many of us feel that way. I thought I was the only one! It is such a tough phase.

Shawna said...

oh how I love #7! that is totally awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom thinks prayer is a good indicator to a full family. that and your body. taking time with each child is so important, not material things, how much time do you have? :)

clumsy ox said...

Being funny. Well... trying. Probably not too successfully.