So, the bug guy was coming today, you know, to spray the house for bugs? And I CLEANED THE HOUSE IN A HURRY! The whole time, I am thinking how ridiculous this is. I am sure he doesn't care if my house is clean for him. And as James often reminds me, our house is cleaner than most. But still......I was feeling it was really dirty. Dusty, grimy, unorganized. I mean, he has to open up closets, move some furniture, go in the bathrooms, the basement (ugh). And to make it worse, I was studiously alphabetizing my spices when he came. Sad. I am still feeling the whole house is dirty thing ( I actually cringe when I think what he thought of the upstairs, the kids are so messy! oh, and I never make it up there to clean) I actually put Ella in charge of cleaning the upstairs bathroom today. and never got up there to inspect it. sigh.
I wonder what he thought.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I left Daniel in charge of the bathroom when we had people coming over the other night. And then I forgot, until I went to use the restroom and there was a nice pair of boys boxer briefs on the counter, of all places! Not even on the floor - I was mortified!!!
Ha! I am pretty sure the guy didn't care, but I would have done the same thing.
That is so funny you were alphabetizing your spices...now that is something he for SURE wouldn't notice! :)
You funny girl!
We had the bug guy come over about a month ago to take care of some ants. I didn't have time to even frantically go around and clean. Oh well. I don't really care what he thought. Your house sounds like its probably 100 times more organized than mine. I simply CANNOT keep up with my three. Whenever I get my house cleaned and organized I am exhausted for at least three days afterwards. During those three days the kids rip it apart again.
Eryn, I can totally sympathize. Sometimes things like that don't bother me and I'm totally laid back about it, and other times, it is like I feel like I'm going to loose my mind! I notice every little particle of dust everywhere and finger prints on all the walls. To me, it seems like there are just days when I have a heightened sense of where the dirt is. :)
You're definitely not the only one! Having little kids is a perfect excuse for a messy house (at least I tell myself that). But my house never used to get like this...in the blink of an eye...It's worth it though!
It's hard to find that balance between being relaxed yet being organized.
Post a Comment