"Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentence and remission of sins should be preached to all nations." Luke 24:46-47
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Have You Ever... (Or Would You?)
..buy a dress that looked so good on you, even YOU knew you looked good in it, for $168?
I think it would depend on where I could wear it...if it was really dressy or more casual or could be both. If it could be dressed up or down, I would get it - IF it looked sooo good on me :) It's always nice to have a classic dress that could be very versatile.
That is a hard one! :) That's a huge chunk of change, but I understand where you're coming from. I would probably just ask my husband what he thought, and if he really wanted me to get it, I would. ;)
I am pretty sure I wouldn't buy it, because I am too cheap, but Nate would buy it for me in a flash. If he saw it on me, or knew that I really liked it, he wouldn't hesitate...but, thats Nate for you.
I agree with Reagan too...I would be more prone to buy it if it was versatile.
You will have to show us the dress if you buy it. :)
Well, considering my wedding dress cost $15 more than that... probably not. Do you have an important occasion that only this dress would be perfect for? Then maybe. I agree with the husband thinking it's a good idea. You have me all curious what this dress looks like!
I have to add though, that I could care less if someone else did - and I'm sure I'd admire it! I have my own areas where I tend to spend more than I think I should, it's just never on clothing!
we were dress shopping for my mom for erica's wedding. and we all decided to try on one dress just for fun. i saw this dress and thought it looked interesting. but once i put it on, they all kept raving about it. it was very well cut (it had better be for that amount!) i could not spend it on that dress, it was rather formal. maybe if i knew i was going on a cruise.... but i dont think i could splurge on it for just the one wedding and rehearsal dinner. james leaves those decisions up to me (he didnt see me in it) and so i feel like i really have to way them. it was from macy's... not even designer. but thanks for all the input. i love hearing what others would do and why.
Welcome to St. Louis, home of the 2006 World Champions! Oh, and welcome to my blog. James is in the construction business and keeps busy remodeling our house. I stay home with our three kids, Patrick, Ella and Autumn.
11 comments:
I think it would depend on where I could wear it...if it was really dressy or more casual or could be both. If it could be dressed up or down, I would get it - IF it looked sooo good on me :) It's always nice to have a classic dress that could be very versatile.
That is a hard one! :) That's a huge chunk of change, but I understand where you're coming from. I would probably just ask my husband what he thought, and if he really wanted me to get it, I would. ;)
I am pretty sure I wouldn't buy it, because I am too cheap, but Nate would buy it for me in a flash.
If he saw it on me, or knew that I really liked it, he wouldn't hesitate...but, thats Nate for you.
I agree with Reagan too...I would be more prone to buy it if it was versatile.
You will have to show us the dress if you buy it. :)
probably..finding a great dress is hard I think. it would really help if i had a specific occasion in mind to wear it.
and i know rex would be all for it...but that is just how he is. :)
Well, considering my wedding dress cost $15 more than that... probably not.
Do you have an important occasion that only this dress would be perfect for? Then maybe.
I agree with the husband thinking it's a good idea.
You have me all curious what this dress looks like!
Ha, I know you think I just copied Shawna. But we really did post at the same time. :)
Wow...I don't think I would even try on a $168 dress. What is this for?????????????????????
Definitely not - but then again, I'd never even try it on in the first place :)
I have to add though, that I could care less if someone else did - and I'm sure I'd admire it! I have my own areas where I tend to spend more than I think I should, it's just never on clothing!
I'm gonna have to go with no. I am super cheap and am struggling spending $25 on a new dress.
we were dress shopping for my mom for erica's wedding. and we all decided to try on one dress just for fun. i saw this dress and thought it looked interesting. but once i put it on, they all kept raving about it. it was very well cut (it had better be for that amount!)
i could not spend it on that dress, it was rather formal. maybe if i knew i was going on a cruise.... but i dont think i could splurge on it for just the one wedding and rehearsal dinner.
james leaves those decisions up to me (he didnt see me in it) and so i feel like i really have to way them.
it was from macy's... not even designer. but thanks for all the input. i love hearing what others would do and why.
Post a Comment