What takes you back?
Right now I am listening to Jennifer Knapp, her Kansas CD. It takes me back to summers at Turkey Hill, rooming with Ruth, then Renes and Jean, then Malcolm. I listned to and belted out shamelessly this CD and Alison Kraus all summer(So sorry girls).Neither one was my CD but I bought both when the summer was over. Whenever I hear these CD's,(and they are both favorites) it takes me back to those hot summers. What a good time we had, how young we were, how much I have learned and lived since then. Ahhh, good times.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Isn't that fun!? I'm so sentimental when it comes to the past. Everything (almost) seems glorified looking back.
I love it how music can transport you like that. And I love that though the music was different, I likely have memories of belting out songs in those same rooms, Eryn! :-)
Am I the Renes you are referring to? I think I roomed with you before you roomed with Ruth, right? I distinctly remember Jennifer Knapp from that summer too, some of my favorite memories, actually. Life was so simple, so carefree. :) We had it good.
Oh, now I understand what you were saying...sorry. Did we room together? Wow, that is all fuzzy in my mind. :)
we did, i think. wow, i cant remember either.
Thanks for the memories! Wow, thinking back to those times is fun. We had it so great. I think the JK cd was mine and the AK cd was Jeans. Do you keep in touch with Jean at all?
ok you chicks are not that old that you can't remember if you roomed together or not?! really! i remember who i roomed with. Aunt karen!!!! mommsy
AWESOME! I get taken back by Mr Bigg to Jr. high and getting ready for a football game...and the smell of VO-5 reminds me of 6 flags w/ Tori and Becky...isn't that hilarious!!
Post a Comment